The F-15E Strike Eagle is the world's leading dual-role fighter, performing air-to-ground and air-to-air missions with unmatched success. An array of avionics and electronics systems gives the F-15E the capability to fight at low altitude during day or night and in inclement weather, and to perform its primary function as an air-to-ground attack aircraft.
Different from previous F-15 models, the F-15E Strike Eagle offers:
* leading position as a dual-role fighter plane.
* superior performance as the only fighter able to attack ground targets around the clock and in all weather conditions.
* low-altitude capability to fight day or night at low altitudes and in inclement weather
* long-range capability to fight its way to a target over long ranges, destroy enemy ground positions and fight its way out.
The F-15E Strike Eagle:
* is powered by two Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 or 229 engines that incorporate advanced digital technology resulting in faster engine acceleration for improved performance.
* can reach speeds exceeding twice the speed of sound.
* can accelerate even while in vertical climb.
* can carry up to 23,000 pounds of payload, including air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons such as:
o the Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM)
o the AGM-130
o the Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM)
* uses the APG-70 radar system allowing air crews to identify targets at great distances, which significantly increases situational awareness and survivability.
* uses the low-altitude navigation and targeting infrared for night (LANTIRN) system and 3rd generation targeting pods allowing the plane to be flown at high speed and low altitude at night and in bad weather to strike targets with pinpoint precision.
The F-15E is produced by Boeing and will be in the U.S. Air Force (USAF) inventory well into the 21st century.